22. I have swum with sharks, actually! In 2012 I went to Mexico for my cousin’s wedding and we swam with whale sharks. It was absolutely horrifying. They’re pretty tame animals and they don’t generally harm humans, but they are also stupidly massive and swimming metres away from one made me want to drown in the ocean. Cool experience but not one I want to repeat haha.
85. Lol NO I am not patient at all. In fact my default answer for that dumb “biggest weakness” job interview question is that I’m not very patient, with myself or with others - but that I’ve been working to overcome that by trying to see other people’s points of view and assist where possible. Definitely something I’m coming to grips with and working on!
24. I would really love, right this second, to know exactly what I want in life. I know that sounds super cliche, but I’m over floating aimlessly and trying to figure things out when so many of my friends know what they’re doing and where they’re going. I would also love a good dose of motivation, which has been missing lately.
28. The last thing to make me laugh was hanging with two of my pals last night (holla boy-from-school). Funny conversations. Nice to feel like I could say anything I wanted to without any fear of judgment whatsoever.
56. When I was a kid, at first I wanted to be a doctor, like my dad. Then for a brief period of time, I wanted to be a police officer (lol). Then for a while I was interested in being a psychologist, before realising I can’t handle other people’s problems (let’s be real, I can’t even handle my own problems). Then I wanted to be a social worker, before coming to a similar conclusion - I don’t think I can detach myself enough emotionally to do that job without it causing a huge breakdown for me. Then, finally, I wanted to be a music journalist, and I went on to study journalism at uni and worked in that field for a while before getting extremely sick of all the male egos. Now I’m 25 and I don’t know what I want or what I’m doing. Hooray!
4. Trust is not really that big of an issue for me because I haven’t really ever had it broken in any major way. Having said that, I find it difficult to envision - if my current relationship fails - becoming vulnerable to a new person and trusting them with my emotions and feelings and secrets. But I think that’s normal and something that would have to be built over time. As it is though, I don’t have too many problems with trust.
18. The last year has been the largest depresso time of my life so far and I’ve definitely felt broken as hell for a lot of it. The vaginismus stuff is a major part of that as well. Recently when I was going through a rough patch in my relationship, I didn’t feel happy or sad, just completely numb and emotionless, and I wondered if something was wrong with me. I’m trying to harness my emotions at the moment and work out what they mean and how best to handle them. It’s not nice to feel like a piece of human garbage all the time so I’m really trying to get on top of it all and accept the feelings that I have as normal ups and downs, instead of allowing myself to feel guilty or wrong about them.
The Pilot episode of Suburbs airs tonight. I just wanted to say to all the amazing humans who donated money to fund season 1, friends and family who supported me, the beautiful, talented cast and crew or just anyone who said nice things about the show: THANK YOU. (ps extra thanks to @lucycharlotte for the original artwork I’m holding)
Use your Good Friday night to watch one of my best friends in the world be on TV and stuff :3 what a guy.
Will someone who is also an unemployed dummy (or just generally free) come to Emporium with me tomorrow daytime please?
this never gets old
I met the creator of this a month ago and he said he got a lot of hate mail from dudebros who thought that he was a woman complaining about these problems.
Always reblog the ice cream matriarchy.
Here’s a photo of me and a kitten. Things have been looking up heaps lately. I think I’ll be more than okay.
Who has two thumbs and a fancy new high paying university job?
Is it correct to assume that boys liking photos of you means they want to touch your butt?